What is my vehicle class?
The class of your vehicle determines the tolls you pay. Vehicle class is determined by certain attributes such as use, vehicle size, construction design, and weight/mass.
Two wheeled motor vehicles (including vehicles with a trailer, fore car or side car attached).
Four-wheeled motor vehicles, including taxis which are not commercial vehicles (including vehicles towing a trailer or caravan).
|Light commercial vehicles
Light commercial vehicle
Motor vehicles that are registered for commercial use and:
- are two-axle rigid trucks or load carrying vans or utilities, having a gross vehicle mass greater than 1.5 tonnes but not exceeding 4.5 tonnes, or
- have spatial dimensions which are substantially consistent with the criteria in paragraph (a) above.
|Heavy commercial vehicle
Heavy commercial vehicle
Motor vehicles that:
- are rigid trucks with 3 or more axles
- are articulated trucks
- are buses
- are two axle rigid trucks having a gross vehicle mass greater than 4.5 tonnes
- are motor vehicles having a gross vehicle mass greater than 30 tonnes, or
- have spatial dimensions which are substantially consistent with the criteria in any of paragraphs (a) to (e) above.